sexta-feira, 1 de agosto de 2014

The circle of life


Recently I had a tattoo cover-up. For those of you who never had this experience I’ll try to translate what it feels like.
It is strange.
I had my old tattoo for 19 years. Nineteen years, for god’s sake! Lotsa people don’t live this long! And I proudly stood by it for most of this time. It was an yin-yang, with a rose between the the two sides. It was supposed to mean that the path to equilibrium is curvy and full of thorns but in the end it blossons into a beautiful rose. Cool! Don’t ya think?? Yeah, but it was poorly executed, and often I heard someone asking me: Is it a whale? Is it a question mark? Is it a root???

Finally I gave in and decided it was time for her to go. She had served me long, but her time was past.
And then it came, the idea for the new tattoo…
Then I met this one artist, came the opportunity and BOOM! New tattoo!!
I gave up my endless search for balance and embraced a feline smile, amidst the smoke.
They say an image speaks more than a thousand words.
Well, I tip my hat to you, sir.

P.S. Funny thing is… my new tattoo was only 2 day old when I realized that I couldn’t recall anymore the details of my old tattoo. 19 years looking at it every. single. day. and after only 2 days it was only a memory. Funny, crazy world, this of my mind…


Nenhum comentário: